We all look for ways to get a healthy, positive mindset. Yoga is a great practice for both the mind and body and helps us get through daily stress.
However, how to keep on yoga practice for a long time? Yoga quotes are necessary in yoga class! Read below beautiful yoga quotes that will inspire you and help your yoga practice indeed.
100 Powerful Yoga Quotes are Waiting for You
12 Inspirational yoga quotes
1. Yoga begins with listening. When we listen, we are giving space to what is. — Richard Freeman.
2. I think it’s interesting that the opposite of being active in yoga is not being passive. It’s being receptive. —Cyndi Lee.
3. Change only happens in the present moment. The past is already done. The future is just energy and intention. ―Kino MacGregor.
4. Yoga is not a work-out, it is a work-in. And this is the point of spiritual practice; to make us teachable; to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are. —Rolf Gates
5. Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame. —B.K.S. Lyengar.
6. My biggest struggles have been my biggest teachers. —Kathryn Budig.
7. Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are. —Jason Crandell.
8. Yoga does not transform the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees. —B.K.S. Iyengar.
9. The body benefits from movement, and the mind benefits from stillness. —Sakyong Mipham.
10. Move your joints every day. You have to find your own tricks. Bury your mind deep in your heart, and watch the body move by itself. —Sri Dharma Mittra.
11. The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body. —Jason Crandell.
12. Yoga is the ultimate practice. It simultaneously stimulates our inner light and quiets our overactive minds. It is both energy and rest. Yin and Yang. We feel the burn and find our bliss. — Beachbody Yoga Expert Elise Joan.
16 Awesome yoga quotes
1. Change only happens in the present moment. The past is already done. The future is just energy and intention. — Kino MacGregor.
2. Learning to be present with yourself and to abide in that which is steady and comfortable does not allow space for self-judgment. When you live this way, you are practicing yoga: you are living fully. — Judith Hanson Lasater, Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life.
3. The very heart of yoga practice is ‘abyhasa’ – steady effort in the direction you want to go. —Sally Kempton.
4. That’s exactly how it is in yoga. The places where you have the most resistance are actually the places that are going to be the areas of the greatest liberation. —Rodney Yee.
5. Remember, it doesn’t matter how deep into a posture you go — what does matter is who you are when you get there. —Max Strom.
6. When we push for immediate results and instant healing, we never inhabit the important in-between phase, which is where much of the learning and growth actually happen. ―Bo Forbes, Yoga for Emotional Balance.
7. Yoga is a dance between control and surrender — between pushing and letting go — and when to push and when to let go becomes part of the creative process, part of the open-ended exploration of your being. —Joel Kramer.
8. The yoga pose is not the goal. Becoming flexible is not the goal. Standing on your hands is not the goal. The goal is serenity. Balance. Truly finding peace in your own skin. ― Rachel Brathen, Yoga Girl.
9. Yoga is not about self-improvement. It’s about self-acceptance. —Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa.
10. Here and now is where yoga begins. —The Yoga Sutras.
11. Balancing in yoga and life is a reflection of our inner state. Can we dance with change? Can we fall and try again with playfulness? Do we have the focus, skill, and attunement to find the still point within it all? —Shiva Rea.
12. The success of yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships. —T.K.V. Desikachar.
13. Let go of something to gain everything; let go of fraction to gain the whole. – Shunya.
14. Yoga becomes one lifelong journey to internal revelation. — Aadil Palkhivala.
15. If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath. – Dr. Amit Ray.
16. Yoga allows you to find an inner peace that is not ruffled and riled by the endless stresses and struggles of life. — B.K.S. Iyengar.
11 Wise yoga quotes
1. “Yoga exists in the world because everything is linked.” —T.K.V. Desikachar.
2. “Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.” —The Bhagavad Gita.
3. “Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory.” —Sri K. Pattabhi Jois.
4. “The soul is here for its own joy.” —Rumi.
5. “Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, the science of youthfulness, the science of integrating body, mind and soul.” —Amit Ray, Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Life Style.
6. “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.” —Yogi Bhajan.
7. Yoga is the dance of every cell with the music of every breath that creates inner serenity and harmony. – Debasish Mridha
8. “Yoga is essentially a practice for your soul, working through the medium of your body.” —Tara Fraser.
9. “Yoga takes you into the present moment, the only place where life exists.” —Patanjali.
10. “True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but the shape of your life. Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived. Yoga doesn’t care about what you have been; yoga cares about the person you are becoming. Yoga is designed for a vast and profound purpose, and for it to be truly called yoga, its essence must be embodied.” —Aadil Palkhivala, Fire of Love.
11. “I had discovered something; there was a pleasure in becoming something new. You could yourself into a fresh shape. Now all I had to do was figure out how to do it out there, in my life.” ―Claire Dederer, Poser: My Life in Twenty-three Yoga Poses.
10 Motivational yoga quotes
1. If we practise yoga long enough, the practice changes to suit our needs. It’s important to acknowledge that the practice isn’t meant to be one practise for everybody. The beautiful thing about yoga is that there are so many different approaches. As we go through our life cycles, hopefully, we are able to find a practice that suits us. And if you practice yoga long enough, that will change many times. What exactly that looks like is going to be different for each person. ―Tiffany Cruikshank, founder of Yoga Medicine.
2. Yoga is like music: the rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life. — B.K.S. Iyengar
3. Just enjoy yourself. For many years I mistook discipline as ambition. Now I believe it to be more about consistency. Do get on the mat. Practice and life are not that different. —Judith Hanson Lasater.
4. If you seek peace, be still. If you seek wisdom, be silent. If you seek love, be yourself. – Becca Lee.
5. Yoga means addition – addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul. –Amit Ray.
6. Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel. – Kevin Trudeau.
7. When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others. – Peace Pilgrim.
8. Yoga begins right where I am – not where I was yesterday or where I long to be. – Linda Sparrowe.
9. The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. ― Socrates.
10. Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions. – Pema Chodron.
15 Calm yoga quotes
1. Once you’re in touch with the life force around us, it’s natural to want to help keep it around. – Adi Carter.
2. Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory. –Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois.
3. Let your practice be a celebration of life – Seido lee deBarros.
4. The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind. – Rodney Yee.
5. To perform every action artfully is yoga. – Swami Kripalu.
6. The longest journey of any person is the journey inward. – Anonymous.
7. Through sustained focus and meditation on our patterns, habits, and conditioning, we gain knowledge and understanding of our past and how we can change the patterns that aren’t serving us to live more freely and fully. – Yoga Sutra.
8. Body is not stiff. Mind is stiff. ― Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois.
9. It is through your body that you realize you are a spark of divinity. ― B.K.S. Iyengar.
10. The ultimate goal of yoga is to always observe things accurately, and therefore never act in a way that will make us regret our actions later. ― T.K.V. Desikachar.
11. When the breath control is correct, mind control is possible. ― Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois.
12. Yoga is the stilling of the changing states of the mind. ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras.
13. Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured. ― B.K.S. Iyengar.
14. It would be a shame to lose the precious jewel of liberation in the mud of ignorant body building. ― Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois.
15. Yoga is the fountain of youth. You’re only as young as your spine is flexible. – Bob Harper.
15 Intelligent yoga quotes
1. Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked. – Patañjali.
2. Yoga reveals to you the beauty of mindfulness and takes you into the essence of an endless present moment. – Debasish Mridha.
3. For those wounded by civilization, yoga is the most healing salve. – T. Guillemets.
4. You may not be able to control the whole world, but you may learn to control your inner world through yoga. – Debasish Mridha.
5. Be where you are, not where you think you should be. – Anonymous.
6. Yoga is invigoration in relaxation, freedom in routine, confidence through self-control, energy within and energy without. – Ymber Delecto.
7. Treat your soul with care. It is your bosom friend. Feed and nurture it with love. – Ashourina Yalda.
8. Yoga is the science of reality. – Sushil Singh.
9. The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in. – B.K.S Iyengar.
10. Mindfulness helps you go home to the present. And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes. – Thich Nhat Hanh.
11. When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from inside, like a kind of will to do something. Try to be sensitive. That is yoga.
12. Your soul is your best friend. Treat it with care, nurture it with growth, feed it with love. – Ashourina Yalda.
13. Yoga is not about touching your toes. It is what you learn on the way down. – Jigar Gor.
14. The pose begins when you want to get out of it. – Baron Baptiste.
15. What you think, you become. – Buddha.
16 Rational yoga quotes
1. Meditation is a way for nourishing and blossoming the divinity within you. – Amit Ray.
2. So what is a good meditator? A good meditator meditates. – Allan Lokos.
3. Spiritual awakening is like unfollowing who you think you are. – Frode Gåsland.
4. Yoga has never been about the stretch; it’s always been about the reach. – Seane Corn.
5. Doing anything with attention to how you feel is doing yoga. — Jean Couch.
6. Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head. — Swami Satchidananda.
7. All kidding aside, if everyone did yoga, we would have world peace. — Rory Freedman.
8. Anyone who practices can obtain success in yoga but not one who is lazy. Constant practice alone is the secret of success. — Svātmārāma.
9. Yoga does not remove us from the reality or responsibilities of everyday life but rather places our feet firmly and resolutely in the practical ground of experience. — Donna Farhi.
10. Yoga is not about tightening your ass. It’s about getting your head out of it. – Eric Paskel.
11. It’s funny when people think ‘yoga people’ are supposed to be calm. No. We’re all here because we’re nuts.
12. Yoga is almost like music in a way; there’s no end to it. –Sting.
13. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. – Tao Te Ching.
14. Breath is your link to life; the direct connection to your spirit. – Konah Gordon.
15. Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude. – Deepak Chopra.
16. Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths. – Etty Hillesum.
6 Funny yoga quotes
1. Yoga claims limbs to give lives. – Mantaranjot Mangat.
2. A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves. – Terri Guillemets.
3. There doesn’t seem to be a recognized yoga of art… I call it Sutra-Yoga. Sutra, like strophe & verse, means the turn, the vortical twist of the mind in the imagined form. – Northrop Frye.
4. Yoga class is great. You can close your eyes and imagine yourself in a relaxing place. – Grant Tucker.
5. The only yoga stretch I’ve perfected is the yawn. – Grant Tucker.
6. Yoga is a way of getting totally drunk – not on alcohol but on life. You know, they call it divine. – Sadhguru.
How to Use Yoga Quotes for Yoga Teachers
Now, as a teacher, you obviously would want to be a good example to your students. And, we all know that words can have a big impact and so having a sense of humour is really a great way to start the class. You can share a couple of funny yoga quotes at first as a warm-up.
After all, humour is the best cure, right? So, this will get your students going. You should then try to build a connection between you and them. Yes, yoga is a mind-body connection, we all know that, but try to give your students something to focus on. A catch phrase, if you will, or some inspirational quote that will stay in their mind throughout the whole day.
I mean you definitely know your students very well, so study their behaviour up close and pick a quote that works with their mood at the time. But, don’t stick with the same quote, so try to mix things up.
I am going to leave you with one thing: please stay humble. That is what yoga is all about. It teaches us to be humble.
Hope you enjoyed this article. Let me know what your favorite yoga quote of the day is in the comments section below!